The Gizmodo blog did some arithmetic, and it figures that all the digital subscriptions you need to keep all of the devices some people view as necessary these days can cost near a thousand dollars.
Here’s the list of subscriptions:
- Smartphone plan
- Netbook plan
- Slate plan
- Home internet
- Cable TV
- Landline phone
- Mobile Internet
- Wi-Fi hotspots
- Xbox Live Gold membership
- Flickr Pro
- Navigation (GPS)
The total dollar cost ranges from $208 to $738.
Granted, some of these may be double counted. And there are ways you could cut costs. For example, you could choose to have either a landline phone, or a mobile phone. Yet, some people don’t have the option to choose, because the phone company wants you to have a landline in order to get DSL. And the cable company wants you to have cable TV to have cable Internet.
But even if you skimp on some subscriptions, others will multiply simply because you have multiple members of the same household, and they need their own separate plans for each of their phones. If you can live with having Internet access on your phone only at home, the office, and major urban centers, you could make do with only Wi-Fi Internet on your cell phone.
Still, no matter what, all these digital subscriptions do add up to a lot, and can be expensive when you add them all up.
If you liked this article
If you liked this article, don’t forget to subscribe for updates!
Follow me on Twitter
Top Incoming Search Terms"digital subscriptions" "cost" cache:iszeqx3ua2oj:http://digitivity.org/757/digital-subscriptions-cost-1000-thousand-dollars-per-monthly+web hosting company in nigeria "commentluv enabled" or "enable commentluv" cost wordpress packages ($1000) digitivity.com free subscription subscriptions cost
- Obama Proposes $44 Billion Universal Broadband Plan President-elect Obama has called for spending $44 billion on broadband,...
- How to Add an E-mail to a Gravatar Account Your Gravatar account can have more than one e-mail associated...
- Google Releases Its Nexus One Phone, But It’s Not an iPhone Killer Google just released its own phone, the Nexus One, this...
- Google Expands Its Tentacles Buying Cell Phone Advertiser AdMob As if Google didn’t have enough reach by being the...
- Cory Doctorow for Net Neutrality and an Open Internet Cory Doctorow, the Canadian blogger and science fiction writer, has...