The thing that always amused me about these arrests was the “wiretapping” charges. Funny like crazy. If you’re holding a cell phone recording someone across the street, where’s the wire that you’re tapping?
And at the same time, no one’s been arrested for the whole AT&T/NSA wiretapping thing?
A brief rundown of why you should be able to videotape the police:
- Who says you can’t? You’re free to do what you want in the first instance, in the lack of a specific law to the contrary, right?
- People have always had the right to photograph in public. The Supreme Court has held the police can observe and record things happening in “plain view“. So what’s the problem? What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.
- The police are public servants doing their job. It would really be weird for you not to be able to record your employees. Companies do it all the time.
- If you’re not in the wrong, you should have nothing to be afraid of. Isn’t that what we’re told by governments all the time? Payback time.
Anyway, HotAir agrees you have the right to record the police. What do you think?
If you liked this article
If you liked this article, don’t forget to subscribe for updates!
Follow me on Twitter
Top Incoming Search Terms3 states you cant record cops american law that says you can\'t record police can i video tape the police can you video record in public in the uk can you video record in public in uk can you video tape police in the uk can you videotape police in public in uk can you videotape police in the uk can you videotape police uk can you videotape the police in the uk do i always have a right to videotape do i have the right to tape the police do i have the right to videotape police in uk do i have the right to videotape the cops do u have a right to videotape police does the public have the right to observe or videotape police? glenn reynolds nsa internet "comluv" + site:.org law that you cannot video tape police people videotape police plastic surgery pittsburgh right to videotape in public right to videotape in public uk right to videotape police uk rights to observe cops supreme court sheshetv should the public have a right to videotape the police? should the public have the right to videotape the police site:digitivity.org/ site:http://digitivity.org "leave a reply" site:http://digitivity.org/ "leave a reply" states you cannot record cops in supreme court right to videotape the right to video tape police uk the right to videotape police uk uk rightuk right to video record police video tape the polices what can\'t you video tape that\'s in plain view what is your right to video tape in public what law says you can\'t record police why can't people videotape police why can\'t people videotape police why you should always tape police your right to video tape in public
- UK Registrar Nominet to Let Police Close Down Websites Nominet, the domain registrar that handles .uk domains for the...